Every Government office & department require the office assistant for the handling the clerical tasks in the office. Office Assistant is responsible for handling the incoming phone calls and other communication, greeting clients & visitors, managing files & other documentation or paperwork. Office Assistant performed all other general office clerk duties and errands.
Candidates who want to join any recruitment process of the office Assistant need the ability to write clearly and must be proficient with word processing computer applications. A pleasant personality with strong communication skills is highly valued candidature.
In this article we discussing all the information regarding the Government Office Assistant that is given as follows.
What is the Role & Responsibility of Office Assistant Jobs ?
Here we provide some of the general duties, an Office Assistant must have to do in the workplace.
- Office Assistant has to handle the incoming calls & other communications.
- Office Assistant has to handle the office file system.
- Office Assistant is responsible for the recording the important information.
- Greeting clients & visitors.
- Provide assistance to the needy clients & visitor in the department.
- Update the paperwork, maintain the documents & word processing.
- Office Assistant has to perform general office clerical duties.
- Helping in the organization and maintain the office common area.
- Organized the official tour and scheduling the tours and accommodations as per the need.
- Coordinating events if necessary.
- Maintain the supply.
- Maintain the official equipment.
- Assists clients on help desk & reception.
- Creating the database of the important information.
Above mentioned duties are some of the basic & general tastes of the Office Assistant. However, there are many other tasks an Office Assistant is responsible for according to the workload and the nature of the government departments.
What kind of Skills required for Office Assistant Jobs ?
A Government Office Assistant has a prescribed set of the skills. Here we provided some general skills that are common to all recruitment process of the government office assistant.
- Strong communication skill.
- Dynamic personality.
- Strong knowledge of file handling system of the government offices.
- Phone call attending skills.
- Knowledge of the official letters & documents.
- knowledge of the word processing application software.
- strong typing capabilities.
- Scheduling of the work.
- Aware of the virtual assistant.
These skills are some of the common skills that required in almost all recruitment process of the government office assistant. Although the skills may be changed according to the requirement of the workplace and according to the recruiting department.
What is the Essential Educational Qualification Criteria for the Office Assistant Aspirants ?
Though office assistance work comes with a great responsibility, the recruiting department decides educational qualification criteria for the candidates. Here we providing common criteria that may be followed by almost all recruitment process of the Government Office Assistant Examination.
The candidate who is going to take part in any office assistant recruitment process must have possessed a graduate degree or diploma in any stream with required experience of the office assistant work.
Besides the educational criteria, candidates have the ability to write clearly and have a dynamic personality with strong communication skills.
What is the Maximum & Minimum Age Limit Criteria Office Assistant Aspirants ?
There is a lot of age limit criteria according to the category & the department. The age limit criteria are based on the type of the department and department set the age limit criteria for the candidates.
Here we writing a common age limit criteria which are followed y almost all government office assistant recruitment process of India however it may change according to the nature of the department.
- The minimum age limit: 21 Year.
- The upper age limit: 28 years.
- Age Relaxation:
- Age relaxation for the OBC candidates : 3 years
- Age Relaxation for the SC/ST/ PH candidates: 5 years.
- Age relaxation is permissible as per the rules and norms of the government of India.
What is the Salary & Other Allowances set for the Office Assistant Jobs ?
The average salary for the Office Assistant in India is Rs. 1,67,894 per year. The salary range may vary according to the department of recruitment & nature of the duties of the Office Assistant.
Besides salary other allowances like DA, HRA, Medical, Travelling allowances are also be paid to the Office Assistants.